Building and operating the central, cloud-based big data platform.
Since January 2021, Ultra Tendency has supported a leading global car manufacturer in the building and operation of its central big data platform based on Cloudera Data Platform Public Cloud (CDP) on AWS public cloud infrastructure as well as on AWS native components.
The client faced the initial challenge of massively increasing amounts of data in a wide range of domains (from log data of vehicles to aftersales data) as well as the constantly growing demand to make use of this data in the different departments with advanced analytics (machine learning and AI use case).
To meet this challenge Ultra Tendency was selected as leading system integrator and consultancy to create the architectural design, the continuous platform development and implementation as well as operating (2nd and 3rd level support) the Cloudera Data Platform and AWS cloud infrastructure.
According to Cloudera, in cooperation with the car manufacturer, Ultra Tendency built the most advanced and largest Cloudera CDP data platform on public cloud infrastructure in the whole EMEA region. Thanks to more than 10 years of in-depth experience with Cloudera technologies as well as close cooperation with the Cloudera product development and senior management in the US, Ultra Tendency was able to provide immediate resolutions for all upcoming technological challenges owing to the degree of novelty of releases and features of CDP on public cloud infrastructure.
Based on the newest releases, the platform today successfully serves more than 500 users; these are data & AI experts everywhere on the globe. The platform hosts an increasing number of new use cases while building the technological foundation to realize data driven business models, projects, and products by leveraging large-scale data.
Details of services provided by Ultra Tendency:
- Automation of the whole infrastructure with Terraform
- Automation of all configuration management with Ansible
- Expanding platform capabilities based on the clients needs even beyond the scope of pure CDP on public cloud
- Productization of Cloudera Experiences including necessary security approvals, shared service architecture, etc.
- Onboarding of new use cases and clients
- Continuous improvement of reliability and security of the platform
- Close collaboration with Cloudera to advocate, improve and implement customer requirements (e.g. new entitlements)
- Consulting platform end-users to improve their workloads
- 2nd and 3rd level support
- Constant cost monitoring and optimization
- Developing billing models for internal clients/departments